Changes To Be Made To National Minimum Wage
There are going to be changes made to National Minimum Wage, and these changes will come into effect on the 1st October 2016.
The changes that have been made to each minimum wage category are:
- Workers over 25 are entitled to National Living Wage of £7.20, which came into effect on 1st April 2016.
- Workers aged 21-24 will be entitled to £6.95, rising from £6.70. This is an increase of 3.7%.
- Workers aged 18-20 will see an increase from £5.30 to £5.55, a percentage increase of 4.7%
- Workers aged 16-17 will be entitled to £4.00, an increase from £3.87, a percentage increase of 3.4%
- For apprentices, the minimum wage will rise to £3.40 from £3.30, a rise of 3%.
For more information on the changes to National Minimum Wage, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-government-accepts-minimum-wage-rate-recommendations–2